Practical, direct, no-nonsense. Wish I'd had this book when I was starting out. . . and for the decade after that. It is a very good book. . .

Mike Reitz, founder and editor of The Journal of Light Construction (JLC)

Friday, September 02, 2022

JIM FLEMING, cabinet maker, general contractor (BUILDER)

"I’ve made some terrible choices with employees. I’ve hired a lot of friends; that’s seldom worked out. They took advantage of me because I let them get away with too much. At one point I had fourteen men trimming condominiums. I didn’t make any more money than I made working by myself and I had all the headaches and the whining and crying. I don’t like having employees. [Laughter.]" page 20

visit; EOB, Facebook

The Elements of Building & BUILDER are available at Bookshop.org, Amazon.com, Ingram/Spark, Garrett Wade, and the National Building Museum Shop.

Please like and share this post. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment