Practical, direct, no-nonsense. Wish I'd had this book when I was starting out. . . and for the decade after that. It is a very good book. . .

Mike Reitz, founder and editor of The Journal of Light Construction (JLC)

Friday, July 08, 2022

SET YOUR TOOL BELT ASIDE (EOB)

"If your goal is to be a tradesmen work for someone else. If your goal is to establish and build a significant company, put your tool belt aside and focus on business as soon as it is practical." EOB,  Rules, Ethics, & Opinions  

I have struggled with this idea more than any other in this book, after all, so many of us begin in the trades because we like working with our hands. It seems somehow wrong that we can’t do both the trade and the business. As my own business grew I reluctantly gave up working in the field even when it became obvious that my time was far more effective taking care of the business. With hindsight, I absolutely should have done it sooner. While writing EOB I asked  several seasoned builders what they thought of the above quote, to my surprise, each agreed with the idea immediately and without hesitation.



EOB,  is available at Bookshop.org, Amazon.com, Ingram/Spark, Garrett Wade, and the National Building Museum Shop.

PLEASE LIKE & SHARE THIS POST, THANK YOU 


No comments:

Post a Comment